A kitchen remodel is one of the best ways to improve the look, feel, and resale value of your home. But let’s face it; remodels can also be exhausting, costly, and inconvenient, especially if you aren’t properly prepared. So here are a few tips to help make your next kitchen renovation as quick, easy, and painless as possible:
- Relocate! Kitchen renovations can take time, and you don’t want to spend all of it eating takeout or going to restaurants. Strike everything from the kitchen, and transfer small appliances like microwaves, toasters, or toaster ovens to another room of the house so that you can continue to cook meals at home. It’s also a good idea to bring along blenders and anything else that you can use to make simple meals without a full oven or kitchen stove.
- Cover everything! Pretty much no matter what kind of remodel you’re planning, there’s going to be dust. Cover everything that you don’t want to get coated. This is also a good idea if there’s going to be repainting, since drop cloths will only catch so much, and paint has a habit of finding its way into the most unusual places.
- Be flexible! Whether you’re doing the majority of the work yourself or paying a contractor to do it for you, be prepared for the timeline to go longer than expected. Complications can come up in just about any renovation project, and you don’t want to sacrifice quality for speed. Give yourself plenty of time to make the right decisions that will make your remodel as perfect as possible.
- Simplify! Before the remodel begins, pack up your least-used kitchen items and store them. Remember that fondue set you got as a wedding present and never used? Yeah, that can probably go in the basement or attic. Or, you can use this opportunity to get rid of anything that you don’t use or that you don’t want cluttering up your new kitchen when it’s done.
- Get what you need! Make the most of your remodel by being sure to get everything you need in your new kitchen, including new cabinet paint, new baseboards and molding, and of course those granite countertops you’ve been wanting. Granite countertops are still the standard for all surfaces due to their durability and versatility, and they’ll add beauty and functionality to any kitchen.
Once your kitchen renovation is complete, you’ll want to make sure you take good care of all those new cabinets, appliances, and countertops. Fortunately, that new granite countertop can be kept looking as good as new with the proper application of granite cleaner and granite sealer. Rock Doctor Granite & Quartz Cleaner and Granite & Stone Sealer are specifically designed to safely clean stone counter-tops as well as provide a long-lasting, natural looking barrier against moisture and other elements, so they’re the perfect thing to help keep your kitchen remodel looking its best!
This article was brought to you by Rock Doctor, which offers a line of specially formulated stone cleaner, stone polish, and stone sealer products. Rock Doctor stone care products can be purchased through a number of fine retail stores, including Lowe’s Home Improvement, Ace Hardware, Safeway, Home Depot, Hy-Vee, Hen House, and Wegmans.