Granite Countertops: 5 Things You Need to Know Before You Buy
Granite countertops are a symbol of beauty, elegance, and functionality that can make any home feel like a castle. While more and more people are choosing to invest in granite countertops for their next kitchen or bath remodel, others still have questions. So if you’re considering choosing granite, here are a few things that you should know:
- Granite gives you options. There are lots of reasons why granite is the most popular choice for natural stone countertops, and one of them is the variety and beauty that granite offers. As a naturally occurring stone composed primarily of quartz and feldspar, granite has a lot of natural material variance that occurs as the molten materials that make it up cool and harden. This means that granite comes in a wide variety of shades, colors, and patterns.
- Granite is made to last. An igneous rock that forms when molten materials cool and solidify, granite is one of the hardest natural stones in the world, and makes for one of the most durable countertop surfaces around. Granite that is properly sealed and treated is resistant to scratches, stains, and extremes of heat and cold. A granite countertop is more than just a design choice; it’s an investment that will last a lifetime.
- Granite is more affordable than you might think. Though still considered a fixture of “high end” kitchens, granite countertops aren’t as pricey as many people expect, especially when you take into consideration the durability and longevity of granite, and the benefit a new granite countertop has to the value of your home.
- Granite comes in all shapes and sizes. Besides natural variations in color and pattern, granite is also available in a variety of sizes and shapes, as well as different finishes and edges. From bullnose to bevel, and from waterfall to chiseled, you can find the granite edge that fits your décor, while different finishes allow you to further customize your granite countertop.
- Granite is easy to maintain. One of the biggest concerns people have when purchasing granite countertops is that they will be difficult to take care of, but in fact that couldn’t be further from the truth. With the right tools for the job, granite countertop care and maintenance is no more difficult to perform than dusting and polishing your wood furniture.
Rock Doctor offers a full line of stone care products that make caring for your granite countertops a snap. Our complete stone care system includes granite sealer, granite cleaner, and granite polish that makes it easy to keep your granite countertops looking their very best for years to come. So whether you’re just thinking of buying your first granite countertop, or if you’ve been a proud owner for years, look for our professional stone care products at fine retail stores like Lowe’s Home Improvement, as well as participating Ace Hardware, Do it Best, and True Value locations.