You have a lot of design options when it comes to choosing the best countertops for your kitchen. The days when you had just a few choices for kitchen countertop materials are long gone, and the options available for today’s kitchen remodel can be dizzying. However, even with all those choices, granite countertops are still the best choice for your kitchen. Here are just a few of the reasons why:
- Granite is tough. You’ll be hard pressed to find a surface that’s more durable than a solid granite countertop. Granite is an igneous rock composed of interlocking crystals. That makes it nearly impervious to breaking, so if you want to crack your granite countertop, you’ll about have to take a sledgehammer to it (but we wouldn’t advise it).
- Granite is beautiful. It would be one thing if all granite had to offer was durability; fortunately it’s also one of the most beautiful natural stone surfaces around. Those same crystals that make granite so tough also give it a natural beauty that’s hard to beat.
- Granite is versatile. No matter your choice of kitchen décor, there’s a granite countertop to match it. The crystals in granite include quartz, mica, feldspar, and others, and they combine to create an array of colors and textures that can complement any kitchen remodel. Besides being versatile for decorating, granite is also great for cooking and entertaining.
- Granite feels great! Looking good is one thing, but there’s no beating the feel of a finished granite countertop. That soft, rich smoothness will just make you want to press your hands against your new countertop as soon as you touch it.
- Granite improves the value of your home. It’s true. A kitchen remodel is always a good investment, and taking the extra step of adding granite countertops can mean a big return on your investment when the time comes to sell or rent your home.
- Granite is a great investment. Even if you aren’t planning to sell, granite is a great long-term investment for your family. Because of its durability, granite countertops remain beautiful for years to come, meaning that your family can enjoy them time and time again.
- Granite is resistant to heat and scratches. Hot things straight out of the oven or day-to-day wear and tear in the kitchen aren’t likely to warp or scratch your granite, though you should probably still take it easy. Ultimately, the same durability that makes granite hard to chip or break makes properly cared-for granite resistant to most of the daily hazards of a kitchen.
- Maintenance is easy. Many people who have never had natural stone countertops worry about keeping theirs looking their best. Fortunately, maintaining beautiful granite countertops couldn’t be simpler. As long as you care for your granite properly using granite cleaner, granite sealer, and granite polish, your countertops will remain stunning for years, with only minor maintenance. Rock Doctor’s specially formulated line of stone care products are perfect for helping to keep your granite countertops looking great.
So if we’ve convinced you to go with granite countertops for your next kitchen remodel, don’t forget to also pick up some Rock Doctor Granite & Quartz Cleaner and Granite & Stone Sealer while you’re in the store, and keep your new countertops shining without a lot of worry.
This article was brought to you by Rock Doctor, whose complete line of stone care products are perfect for your granite countertop, and available in fine retail stores like Lowe’s Home Improvement and participating True Value, Do it Best, and Ace Hardware locations. Pick up granite sealer, granite cleaner, and granite polish when you pick up your new granite countertop, and keep it looking beautiful for life.